Uber Cutting Off Another 3000 Jobs After Previously Laying Off 3500 People As Rides Drop 80% Due To Coronavirus

Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has confirmed the company was axing another 3,000 jobs and closing 45 offices in an email to employees on Monday, two weeks after 3,700 people lost their jobs.

The company has now axed 29.5 percent of its office workforce around the world.

Drivers are not technically considered employees but are gig workers.

Rides are down 80 percent year on year in April.

In his email, Khosrowshahi said: 'Having learned my own personal lesson about the unpredictability of the world from the punch-in-the-gut called COVID-19, I will not make any claims with absolute certainty regarding our future.

'I will tell you, however, that we are making really, really hard choices now, so that we can say our goodbyes, have as much clarity as we can, move forward, and start to build again with confidence.'

He went on to say the company is in a 'deep hole' due to declining business.

'We’re seeing some signs of a recovery, but it comes off of a deep hole, with limited visibility as to its speed and shape,' he said.

While Uber Eats was doing well, 'the business today doesn’t come close to covering our expenses,' he added.

The company was already trying to cut loss-making divisions when the pandemic hit.

Related Article

Posted By cheatmaster On 06:40 Tue, 19 May 2020

Comments:0 || Views:

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article

Wapbaze is an Entertainment website that deals in uploding of music tracks of any kind and letting her users download them in Mp3 formats of high quality. Wapbaze.com is the main website, Wapbaze.com/music/ is the folder for latest songs, wapbaze.com/movies/ is for mp4 movies updates so as wapbaze.com/videos/ is for 3gp music videos updates and wapbaze.com/forum/ is for latest gist, news, health and tech updates.