The Big Jordan! Basketball Legend Reportedly Turns Down A $100m Two-hour Appearance Deal

The six-time NBA champion has become one of the most marketable figures in sporting history - from his Air Jordan brand with Nike, worth over £1billion, to being a major spokesperson for Coca-Cola, McDonalds and Chevrolet.

However, he has remained careful with who he associates himself with even after his playing days.

Jordan's agent, David Falk, went on WFAN Sports Radio and spoke about some of the brand deals that his client has turned down since his rise to stardom in the mid-80's.

Falk explained: 'I brought him a deal three years ago for $100 million. All he had to do was, other than giving his name and likeness, make a one two-hour appearance to announce the deal and he turned it down.

'God bless him. He's been so successful, it gives him an opportunity to do whatever the hell he wants or not to do things he doesn't want.

'I really admire that. He's very, very selective in the things he wants to be involved in.'

The former Chicago Bulls star has recently been the main subject of an ESPN documentary 'The Last Dance' that has seen him allow unprecedented access as he opens up about his playing career.

According to Forbes, Jordan is worth over £1.5 billion and Falk said he can be quite 'competitive' when it comes to gambling some of his earnings on the golf course.

He explained: 'He's an extremely competitive guy. If he loses $150,000 playing golf, big freaking deal. If I told him tomorrow, 'Hey, I've got an appearance for you for five minutes for $150,000,' he'd laugh at me. If it was $1,500,000, he wouldn't do it.'

Related Article

Posted By cheatmaster On 11:40 Mon, 04 May 2020

Comments:0 || Views:

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article

Wapbaze is an Entertainment website that deals in uploding of music tracks of any kind and letting her users download them in Mp3 formats of high quality. Wapbaze.com is the main website, Wapbaze.com/music/ is the folder for latest songs, wapbaze.com/movies/ is for mp4 movies updates so as wapbaze.com/videos/ is for 3gp music videos updates and wapbaze.com/forum/ is for latest gist, news, health and tech updates.